Dreaming is Believing

Dreaming is Believing, It's okay not to be okay...

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

California

Sacramento & San Francisco was awesome. I had a great time with my dad's side of the family. Seeing Niam Hlob without Hlob was hard. The last time I visited, he was there and the home felt warm and complete. It's just sad b/c Niam Hlob & Grandma are both sick and they take care of each other. Grandma looks great for her age. Toyer says that she's like 98 years old. Dara's wedding was beautiful and she was definately GLOWING. I didn't get to spend much time with her and Misee but I'm just glad I made it. I got to see Nou May, Pang, and Yer as well. It was good to see everyone.
San Fransicso was beautiful. The driving was not as bad as my mom made it seem...or maybe we just lucked out b/c it was labor day weekend. We went through the Golden Gate Bridge, hit up China town (btw, it was huge), took a bus down to Japan town, and then hit up Pier 39. We made a stop back at the bridge and spent some time walking on there and just glazzing at the city lights by the Bay Bridge.
Though the vaca was short, it was defintely worth the money and my time.

2 comments:

  1. Jannie...awesome that u had a blast in Cali. Did u get to take alot of pictures??i want to see some soon if u did.
    Yeah the golden gate bridge is beautiful...i saw it in the morning..so i can imagine how much more beautiful it must've looked at night!!!
    I talked to Niam Hlob and Grandma for a bit too that one day i called..i think it was a Saturday..Grandma is so cute..like always!
    But newaise gotta get starting on some reading for classes...see u laters GATOR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, I too would like to see some photos!! Glad you had a great time in CA .. .wish I could of gone too!

    ReplyDelete